Geographic: I’m from Taiyuan, Shan Xi, China. It’s not a big city, but it is the provincial capital city surrounded by mountains. Same with other cities in China, people live in a fast-paced society, face the larger pressure of life. So every time I plan a trip, I will choose a destination where can relax and enjoy slower peace of life, try to be out in nature, like the city or country near the ocean. For example, my favorite island is Tahiti. It is not normal sea islands and similar to others, the unique island of Tahiti is world-renowned for its Polynesian charm, colorful culture, and romantic ambiance. I feel relax when I imagine that I lounging on a nice yacht basking in the sunsets, far away from worry and stress.

Demographic: I’m a student right now, but I am considered millennials. I am an Asian female and I have a boyfriend. That makes me different from a solo traveler as I have to consider his aspects. According to David Chapman, director-general for the WYSE Travel Confederation. “Young travelers today want, more than ever, to enrich themselves with cultural experiences, to meet local people, and to improve their employability when they return home.” (Groupstoday, n.d.). When I travel with my boyfriend, we will be more concerned about comfort level, as the condition of accommodations. And we are seeking a place totally different from the environment in which we stay, to enhance our experience.

Psychographic: different from another Canadian explorer, we don’t really like adventure activities except hiking. I have injured before, so I’m really careful about choosing activities without any risks. Now we are more like leisure travel, just try to integrate and enjoy the society, discover and immerse ourselves in the culture, people and settings of the places we visit. For example, we have been Victoria several months ago, we didn’t try any adventure activities. We just seeking delicious seafood and enjoy leisure travel.